Welcome to Year 5!
This term our topic is 'GALLERY' (See below for topic overview)
Things to remember -
- Books are to be brought into school everyday. Children are encouraged to change their own reading books when they have finished.
- Check bags and coats for any important letters/information.
- Encourage your child to read as often as possible and enjoy bedtime stories together.
- Children can buy their snack during break times for 20p. Alternatively they can bring in their own healthy snack from home.
- For PE days please ensure your child has a change of clothes which are appropriate for the weather. These kits can be left in school. Long hair must be tied back and plasters will be needed for any earrings that cannot be removed.
- Your child will take part in the Daily Mile so please ensure they wear comfortable shoes to school everyday.
- We try our best to go outdoors for every break so please ensure that your child has a warm and waterproof coat which is clearly labelled with their name.
- Send in a refillable water bottle each day, clearly labelled with your child's name on it.
SCHOOP - we will send important messages via SCHOOP so please download the app and use 5427 as the code. If you are already signed up, don't forget to click onto Year 5.
TWITTER - we will regularly post photos of the children engaged in their learning. Please follow us using @coedglas2020
CLASS DOJO - We will use class dojo to reward children in school.
Look out for more information about homework and other important dates.
Thank you for your support.
The Year 5 team.