Welcome to Reception
Our topic this term is Muck, Mess and Mixtures. We are very excited to embark on our journey through the first term by experimenting, exploring and discovering!
Please ensure you have downloaded ‘Schoop’ on your device so you don’t miss out on any important news! (our school code is 5427). If your child has previously attended Coed Glas Nursery, please make sure you change the year group notifications to ‘Reception’.
Here are a few reminders about the routines and structure of Reception:
- Snack is £1 a week (or £8 for this half term) and needs to be paid on a Monday. Please ensure any money you send in with your child is in a clearly marked envelope.
- Pleasure ensure clothes, shoes, coats and bags (including lunchboxes) are all labelled with your child’s name.
- Book bags need to be brought to school daily. Friday is ‘Library Day’! Children must bring their library books to school with them on Friday in order to exchange them for a new book.
- At the end of the day the children are dismissed through the red gates in the infant playground. Children are taught to stand/sit until their name is called and a member of staff hands them to their grown up. Please avoid calling your child’s name as this confuses them.
- PE is taught every Friday. As the children are still learning to be independent, PE kits will not be needed until the Spring term.
- If your child has any allergies, food intolerances or dietary requirements please let a member of staff know ( if you haven’t already done so).
Lastly, we like to use twitter to show you about the children’s learning and experiences during their time in Reception - please follow us @coedglas2025